OpenVMS systems - Consulting, Integration, Help & Support
We work with and teach all aspects of OpenVMS systems:
- Problem solving - diagnosis, planning, resolution and prevention
- Porting applications between system platforms - Integrity (Itanium 2), Alpha and VAX
- High Availability and Disaster Tolerance
- Clustering, including split-site clustering and clustering over IP (V8.4 onwards)
- Performance tuning and hardware / software rationalisation
- Network infrastructure, TCP/IP, DECnet and DECnet over IP
- Storage infrastructure, including SANs and storage arrays
- Systems configuration, installation and management
- DCL programming
- Security configuration and management
- Software design and implementation
- Software development, control, testing and release
We have an outstanding record of excellence, especially with complex high-availability systems and real-time systems.
Learn from the experts
We provide systems engineering consulting and technical education in all aspects of OpenVMS systems. This can be as part of a project that we undertake, or as a separate exercise specifically tailored to meet your needs. We have a range of systems and equipment that can be configured in a safe lab-style environment to maximise the hands-on practical aspects of learning.
Colin has been extensively involved in teaching OpenVMS related topics at events such as the OpenVMS Advanced Technical Symposium (aka "Bootcamp") in Nashua. He was presented with the "Ambassador Spirit Award" at the HP OpenVMS advanced technical symposium in June 2005. This award from peers and colleagues within the VMS community around the world recognises the outstanding contribution, quality and value of his work over many years. Many of the slide sets and webinars are available on-line at the Seminars and Events page.
HP is committed to OpenVMS. Extremely powerful new Integrity Server systems are available. Many AlphaServer systems are still running mission-critical operations. A surprisingly large number of VAXes are still running mission-critical operations.
We have a wealth of experience in designing, building and supporting OpenVMS based systems. We understand the issues involved with porting applications between the different platforms. We are committed to OpenVMS on all three platforms.
We’re here to help you do things well for yourselves. Make use of our expertise. That’s what sets us apart from the competition.